The primary source of GOGO points is the series of eight monthly GOGO challenges. All of these challenges can be done anywhere in the world where one can ride an ElliptiGO. Usually, each month’s challenge provide the opportunity to earn 100-250 GOGO points. Thus, a GOGO participant can expect to reach GOGO Silver Award level by earning most of the points available from the monthly challenges. (see “GOGO Schedule ” on the 2018 GOGO page for details of the 2018 monthly challenges and point allocations)
Riders can earn additional GOGO points by participating in official rides, which are defined as organized cycling events that have a website, a formal registration process, and a formal sponsoring organization. Official rides must take place at a particular physical location. Thus, “virtual” events, such as online challenges that count physical ride distances toward some specified goal, do not qualify even though they might have a website, required registration, and a sponsor.
Participation in official rides earns GOGO points as follows:
- less than 15 miles: 10 points (starting May 1. Prior to May 1, such rides are worth 20 points)
- 15-44.9 miles: 20 points
- 45-59.9 miles: 40 points
- 60-93.9 miles: 50 points
- 94+ miles: 75 points
- points are based on mileage of published official routes of the event. Adding extra miles beyond the published distance of an official ride will not yield additional GOGO points. Events without official published routes will fall in the 10 point category.
- multi-day events count as one long event. Points are not awarded separately for each day.
To receive GOGO points for a ride or set of rides, you must:
- For regular GOGO challenges: simply make sure all rides are posted on Strava. Please do not annotate everyday rides during challenges with “GOGO” unless they are also official rides. We will automatically process all rides that you’ve posted during the special event’s time period
- For official rides and for the GOGO Kickoff ride: post your ride on Strava and include the word “GOGO” somewhere in the title or description of the ride.
- NOTE: you can receive double points for some rides. For example, if you do an official or feature ride (and mark it with “GOGO” as described above) during a GOGO challenge such as the Global Team Challenge, you will get points for the official/featured ride and the ride will contribute as usual to the special challenge.
- All rides for GOGO points must be completed outdoors on an ElliptiGO, except
- some day-, week- or month-long GOGO events may allow ElliptiGO rides on a stationary trainer if properly measured. See details for the particular challenge.