The primary source of GOGO points is the series of eight monthly GOGO challenges. All of these challenges can be done anywhere in the world where one can ride an ElliptiGO. Usually, each month’s challenge provide the opportunity to earn 100-250 GOGO points. Thus, a GOGO participant can expect to reach GOGO Silver Award level by earning most of the points available from the monthly challenges. (see “GOGO Schedule ” on the 2018 GOGO page for details of the 2018 monthly challenges and point allocations)
Riders can earn additional GOGO points by participating is official rides, which are defined as
organized cycling events that have a website, a formal registration process, and a formal sponsoring organization.
Participation in official rides earns GOGO points as follows:
- less than 45 miles: 20 points
- 45-59.9 miles: 40 points
- 60-93.9 miles: 50 points
- 94+ miles: 75 points
Note: multi-day events count as one long event. Points are not awarded separately for each day.
Note: adding extra miles beyond the published distance of an official ride will not yield additional GOGO points.
To receive GOGO points for a ride or set of rides, you must:
- For regular GOGO challenges: simply make sure all rides are posted on Strava. Please do not annotate everyday rides during challenges with “GOGO” unless they are also official rides. We will automatically process all rides that you’ve posted during the special event’s time period
- For official rides and for the GOGO Kickoff ride: post your ride on Strava and include the word “GOGO” somewhere in the title or description of the ride.
- NOTE: you can receive double points for some rides. For example, if you do an official or feature ride (and mark it with “GOGO” as described above) during a GOGO challenge such as the Global Team Challenge, you will get points for the official/featured ride and the ride will contribute as usual to the special challenge.
- All rides for GOGO points must be completed outdoors on an ElliptiGO, except
- some day-, week- or month-long GOGO events may allow ElliptiGO rides on a stationary trainer if properly measured. See details for the particular challenge.