GLOBAL ELLIPTIGO RIDERS CLUB LOGO DESIGN CONTEST RULES
INTRODUCTION: The Global ElliptiGO Riders Club (the “Club”) Logo Design Contest (the “Contest”) provides an opportunity for the community to design a logo for the Club to be used online, in print, on merchandise and to create “membership” stickers intended for Club members to adorn their ElliptiGO.
ELIGIBILITY: This document describes the “Official Rules” of the Contest. Information on how to enter and prizes are part of these Official Rules. To the extent of any inconsistency, these Official Rules shall prevail.
The Contest is open to all individuals 18 years of age or older (“Entrant”). The Contest is not open to companies, institutions or organizations.
HOW TO ENTER:
- Initial entries must be submitted by email to email@example.com. The entries should be submitted as a scalable vector graphic in EPS, PNG, JPG or PSD format (resolution of 300 dpi) and also as a PDF file (less than 10Mb). See Submission Guidelines below for further information.
- The email must include the name, mailing address, phone number and email address of the Entrant.
- There is no limit to the number of entries per Entrant; you may submit as many you like.
- Entries must conform to the Submission Guidelines set out below. Entries which fail to do so cannot be considered.
- The deadline for all entries is Friday, December 9, 2016.
- We will attempt to acknowledge all entries within a few days of receipt, however, we cannot be responsible for entries or responses lost in email.
- There is no fee to enter the Contest.
SUBMISSION GUIDELINES: For the purposes of submission, please submit the design in EPS, PNG, JPG or PSD format (resolution of 300 dpi) and also as a PDF file (less than 10Mb). If the logo incorporates non-standard fonts, you must be able to provide us with the font should your logo be selected. If you are chosen as a winner, you MUST be able to provide a high-resolution scalable vector graphic file.
Flexibility is a key requirement, including the need to resize easily and to look good in black and white as well as color. The final version of the logo will need to be suitable for high quality printing.
Entrants need to be sure their entries are not in any way similar to existing logos or other copyrighted images. A logo that comprises any copyrighted images cannot win the Contest.
We advise against the use of halftones and gradients unless created inside a vector graphics program. Color in this version must be CMYK, no spot colors.
PRIZES: In addition to credit and bragging rights, the winning designer will receive:
- A complimentary Club membership for 2017
- A Club sticker incorporating their design
- A Club t-shirt incorporating their design
JUDGING AND SELECTION OF WINNER:
- The winning design will be selected by the current Directors of the Club (the “Judges”).
- The Judges reserve the right not to select a winner if, in their discretion, no suitable entries are received.
- The Judges reserve the right to disqualify an entry at its sole discretion.
- Entering the Contest and accepting the prize constitutes permission for the Club to make public the winner’s name and country of residence.
- All submitted work must be original and not based on or include any copyrighted designs.
- All Entries will becomes the sole property of the Club and may be displayed publicly on the Club’s website.
- The Entrant of the winning design agrees to transfer all rights and title to the Entry to the Club in accordance with the Official Rules of this Contest.
(Entrants should note that the term “ElliptiGO” is already claimed by ElliptiGO, Inc. therefore its use for the purposes of the Contest are permitted without infringing on existing rights.)
ACCEPTANCE: Participation constitutes the Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules. By participating in the Contest, the Entrant is representing and warranting that he/she has read and understood, and agrees to be bound by, these rules. Including the guides and rules referred to herein, these Official Rules constitute the entire agreement between the Entrant and the Club in relation to the Contest. They govern the Entrant’s participation and supersede any prior or other agreements between the Entrant and the Club and relating to the Contest.