Join ElliptiGO riders of all levels from across the country for a weekend of riding, socializing and FUN! (See who will be there!)
Required and optional steps:
1. (required) Pre-registration is required. Registration fee is $35 for 2023 Global ElliptiGO Riders Club members. If you do not choose to become a full-year Club member, you can register for the Winter Classic for $60, which includes a short-term Club membership for the event. Register for the Winter Classic: here
2. (optional, but time sensitive) If you are planning to reserve a hotel room, please do so early! The Winter Classic weekend is peak season in Scottsdale. Hotels will fill up and prices will increase as the date approaches. We do NOT have a reserved block of rooms at any hotel this year. There are many hotels and resorts in the vicinity of our social gatherings. Several relatively budget-friendly recommendations are:
- Home2 Suites By Hilton North Scottsdale Near Mayo Clinic. This is a brand new hotel opening Dec. 21, 2022. Use this link to take advantage of their special Grand Opening rates.
- Hyatt Place Scottsdale – North After you press the “Book Now” button on the hotel’s website, choose Corporate or Group Code from the Special Rates dropdown menu and enter our discount code: 63038.
- Hampton Inn & Suites North Scottsdale
3. (optional) There will be a limited number of ElliptiGOs available for rent. To reserve a GO, please send email to email@example.com.
Friday, January 13, 2023
5:30-7:00PM – SOCIAL MEETUP: (guests of participants are welcome, hosted)
Lobby and patio
Home2 Suites By Hilton North Scottsdale Near Mayo Clinic
20001 N Scottsdale Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85255
Stop in for a casual Happy Hour with the group to kick off the weekend!
Saturday, January 14, 2023
8:30-9:00AM Participants gather at our ride meet up location
Big Earl’s Greasy Eats (parking available behind Big Earl’s)
6135 East Cave Creek Road, Cave Creek, AZ 85331
*Rented ElliptiGOs will be transported to/from the rides each day. If you’ve rented an ElliptiGO, please plan to be at Big Earl’s well before your ride time.
9:30AM-12:30PM: Group #1 (Medium Distance/Intermediate Route) leaves Big Earl’s at 9:30AM
“Seven Springs” out & back: 25 miles / 2300 feet elevation gain / moderate climbing, rolling hills & a few short steeper hills in the 4 miles before the turn around point. Long, beautiful descent on the way back!
9:30AM-12:30PM: Group #2 (Shorter Distance/Casual Pace) leaves Big Earl’s at 9:30AM
“Lone Mountain/Legend Trail” loop: 19 miles / 950 feet elevation gain / low grade incline first 4-5 miles. More stops to rest along the way and we’ll take our time!
12:30-2:30PM – Lunch & socializing on the back patio at BIG EARL’s (guests of participants are welcome, non-hosted)
6:30-8:00PM – Group Dinner (guests of participants are welcome, non-hosted)
7077 E. Mayo Blvd Suite B-100
Phoenix, AZ 85054
PROTEINHOUSE has an amazing menu with a huge variety of healthy salads, wraps, lean bowls, burgers (bison, chicken, turkey, tuna, salmon, Impossible), açaí bowls, protein pancakes, protein shakes, breakfast all day and more! Protein House offers tasty, quality recipes that promote a clean-eating lifestyle in a come-as-you-are, fast-casual environment (you’ll see many customers in their post workout attire). PROTEINHOUSE is just over a mile south of the Home2Suites hotel and a short walk from the Hyatt House hotel.
Sunday, January 15, 2023
10:00AM – Participants begin arriving at our ride meet up location Note: Rented ElliptiGO’s will be transported to and from the rides each day.
APACHE WASH TRAILHEAD 1600 East Sonoran Desert Drive, Phoenix, AZ 85085
(The trailhead has many hiking & biking paths for your family & friends to enjoy while you’re out riding with the group)
10:30AM-12:00PM – Group Rally Rides (flatter parkway, no intersecting roads, panoramic desert views)
We’ll be riding in an 8-mile loop so you can GO as much or as little as you like. There are also paved bike paths through the desert if you prefer to stay off the road. We will have printed maps and Strava routes for two non-paved trail rides best suited for MSUBs/RSUBs. Stop to take photos; do one or several loops, on the road, paved bike paths, or unpaved trails…it’s up to you! Just have fun and enjoy the ride with an amazing group of people!!
Noon – 12:30pm – Hulu Hooping and other fun!
12:30-2:30PM – Tailgate Party
Hosted lunch provided (Streets of New York pizza, cookies, non-alcoholic beverages)
Bring your own camping chairs if local or driving in.
*NOTE: Per the permit with the City of Phoenix / Sonoran Desert Preserve, alcohol is NOT allowed at the trailhead.
3:00PM – Farewell for all of those traveling & driving home on Sunday
6:00-8:00PM – Casual dinner for locals and all those not traveling home until Monday (guests of participants are welcome)
Coconuts (Note: new location this year)
7000 E. Mayo Blvd., Suite 1108
Phoenix, AZ 85054
Enjoy amazing fresh fish tacos (Maui style) and other fresh menu items. Coconuts is very casual so workout attire or jeans are acceptable! They also have beer & wine and at least one good IPA on tap!
8:00PM-?? – Bowling, games, snacks, drinks, and fun at Bowlero
Located just across the parking lot from Coconuts, Bowlero is a modern lively venue for bowling, pub food and drinks, and games. From their website: “Our lanes are some of the coolest and most stunning in the game, featuring black lights, soft lounge seats, and huge HD video walls that play everything from live sports and music videos to classic family films.” Their oversized arcade games include basketball, skee-ball, “The World’s Largest Pac-Man”, and many more.
NOTE: Food and drinks will be provided at the Friday Social Meetup and the Sunday Tailgate Party. Other meals are the responsibility of the participants & attendees.
**If you don’t have a vehicle for the weekend, it is your responsibility to pair up with someone for transportation to the ride locations & back to your hotel.