Are you ready to Get Out and GO?
Get Out and GO (GOGO) is an eight-month riding program full of a variety of fun, social individual and community riding challenges. 2018’s edition of GOGO was a rousing success. More than 130 GOGO participants from around the world logged more than 250,000 miles seeking fun, leaderboard glory, and GOGO swag (see the 2018 leaderboards here). One of this 2018’s most exciting events, the month-long Team Challenge, ended after very tight contest among fives teams for distance, elevation, and days-ridden honors. We hope you look forward to participating in the 2019 edition!
GOGO 2019 runs from March 1 through October 31, 2019.
- Register for GOGO 2019 here – it only take a minute.
- GOGO leaderboards are here
- View official rules and details here on how to get points
- GOGO award level information is here
BONUS POINTS AVAILABLE:Through March 5, 2019, if you recruit a new member to the Club and they enter your name as referrer when signing up for GOGO, you’ll each receive 50 bonus GOGO points! (Maximum 100 bonus points per person)
The GOGO schedule is below.
Questions? Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- September challenge
Two large teams will compete throughout the month for fun and leaderboard glory. See detailed rules here.
- August challenge
Anticipating September’s Team Challenge, August provides three simple month-long points-earning opportunities. Enjoy some relaxing days off or fine tune your fitness for the Team Challenge. Points from each challenge may be combined in any way to earn a maximum of 100 points.
- 4 points for every 25 total miles
- 3 points for every 1000 feet elevation gain
- 10 points for each single ride over 30 miles
NOTE: Trainer miles are allowed for the distance categories.
- July challenge
July’s GOGO challenge draws on each of the March, April, May, and June
challenges yielding a medley of one-week challenges, something
different each week.
July also includes International Ellitical Cycling Day, July 13th,
with extra GOGO points available for any rides on that day.
- Week 1, July 1-7, DAYS:
- 3pts for each day of 5mi
- 5pts for each day of 10mi
- 6pts for each day of 20mi
- Week 2, July 8-14, DISTANCE:
- 20pts for 25mi
- 30pts for 60mi
- 40pts for 120mi
- Week 3, July 15-21, ELEVATION*
- 20pts for 1000ft
- 30pts for 2500ft
- 40pts for 5000ft
*Alternative option: increased distance instead of climbing – 20 pts for 50mi, 30pts for 100mi, 40pts for 150mi
- Week 4+, July 22-31, ICE CREAM SOCIAL: 8 points (40pt maximum) for each of up to five different rides with Strava posts containing one of the following hashtagged flavors: vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, rockyroad, mintchip, coffee, pistachio, coconut, lemon, cookiesandcream, fudgeswirl, cheesecake, dreamsicle, smores, mango
E.g. Beautiful #rockyroad MSUB adventure today – woohoo!
- IECD, July 13: 1 pt per mile up to 50 miles. NOTE: IECD rides may be combined with official rides to yield extra GOGO points.
For example, a 48 mile official ride on IECD would yield 48 points
(IECD) plus 40 (official ride) for a total of 88 points.
NOTE: Trainer miles are allowed for the distance and days categories, as well as for hashtagged Ice Cream Social rides.
- Week 1, July 1-7, DAYS:
- July 1-August 31: RSUB RIDE BONUS. Take a ride on the new ElliptiGO RSUB, add a photo on Strava and include #RSUB in the title to earn a 10 point bonus. This bonus can only be earned once. These 10 points are separate from any monthly maximum.
- June challenge
After chasing April emoji and riding Every Day in May, GOGO takes an intensity break. June provides some distance, elevation, and days ridden goals, plus two fun extras to fit in anytime during the month.
1 point for every 10 miles. Max: 30 points
1 point for every 250 ft of elevation gain. Max: 30 points
1 point for each day ridden. Max: 20 points
10 points: Tag one ride with #💩 to rid yourself of some mental waste! You choose when to eliminate and let that crap GO!
10 points: Tag a ride with #👍 and share one of your favorite ElliptiGO or GO quotes. E.g., #👍 When nothing is GOing right, GO left
NOTE: Trainer miles are allowed for the distance and days categories.
- May 1-31: EVERY DAY IN MAY: DUO and SOLO
Points levels are the same for DUO and SOLO. The same maximum 250 point total is available to DUO and SOLO riders.
Each partner of an EDIM DUO pair who contributes at least 25 total miles gets the specified points, even if one rides much more than the other.
In addition, any individual (whether a DUO team member or a SOLO rider) who rides at least 5 miles on 25 or more days will receive 25 bonus points.
20+ miles Every Day in May = 225 points
10+ miles Every Day in May = 175 points
5+ miles Every Day in May = 125 points
28 Days in May
20+ miles for 28 days = 200 points
10+ miles for 28 days = 150 points
5+ miles for 28 days = 100 points
25 Days in May
20+ miles for 25 days = 100 points
10+ miles for 25 days = 75 points
5+ miles for 25 days = 50 points
Trainer rides are allowed BUT contribute a maximum of 5 miles per person per day. That is, if a rider does a 12 mile trainer ride, he or she gets credit for 5 miles. If that rider also does a 16 mile outdoor ride, 21 miles would be credited for the day.
1) GOrider1 of a DUO pair rides 12 miles per day for the first 10 days of May, and GOrider2 of the same pair rides 15 miles per day from May 5 through May 31, yielding 31 days of 10+ miles for the pair. GOrider1 receives 175 points for team’s successful completion of 10+ miles every day in May GOrider2 receives 200, gaining the 25 point bonus for riding at least 5 miles on 25 or more days.
2) an EDIM SOLO rider completing 31 days of 10+ miles per day would receive 200 points.
- April 1-30: GO AROUND THE WORLD
Group challenge: Let’s ride around the world for Earth Month. If the total distance covered by all GOGO participants in April exceeds the earth’s circumference of 24,901 miles, each person who rides at least 24.901 total miles will receive 10 points in addition to their individual points below.
Individual challenge: Earn emojis for GOGO points. Collect them in any quantity or combination you like. (175 GOGO points maximum)
🛣️(20 points): for each 100 total miles
⛰️(10 points): for every 2500 ft total elevation gain
🚴 (10 points): for each single ride of 30+ miles
☀️(10 points): for every 10 days ridden
🌐 for the first 24.9 total miles ridden (10 points if group circumnavigates the globe)
In addition, you may earn one of each of the following by posting a ride to Strava with the hashtag in the title along with a fitting photo:
🌎(5 points): #earth 🌬️(5 points): #wind
🔥(5 points): #fire 🌊(5 points): #water
If you collect ALL nine emojis above you’ll also earn:
Properly measured ElliptiGO-on-trainer rides are permitted for the April challenge.
- March 27-July 31: MSUB RIDE BONUS. Take a ride on the new ElliptiGO MSUB, add a photo on Strava and include #MSUB in the title to earn a 10 point bonus. This bonus can only be earned once. These 10 points are separate from any monthly maximum.
- March 4-31: Get GOing. For each full “Strava week” in March 4th – 31st (Strava weeks are Monday – Sunday):
- 15 points for any week over 25 miles or 2000 feet elevation gain
- 25 points for any week over 50 miles or 4000 feet elevation gain
- 35 points for any week over 100 miles or 7500 feet elevation gain
- 45 points for any week over 125 miles or 9000 feet elevation gain
March hashtag posts:
- During week 2, March 11-17: 10 points for a Strava post that includes hashtag #piday in the title and any photo honoring National Pi Day
- During week 3, March 18-24: 10 points for a Strava post that includes hashtag #spring in the title and any photo celebrating Spring/Equinox
For example, if your weeks were 52mi/2600ft, 26mi/4200ft, 12mi/1100ft, and 175mi/5000ft, and you posted a #spring-hashtagged ride during week 3, you’d receive 25 + 25 + 0 + 45 + 10 points for a March total of 105 GOGO points.
Properly measured indoor trainer miles are allowed if they are on an ElliptiGO.
- March 1-3: GOGO Kickoff: 10 points for posting one ride to Strava with “GOGO” in the title or description
GOGO award levels
- 750+ points: bronze-level GOGO swag
- 1500+ points: silver-level GOGO swag
- 2000+ points: gold-level GOGO swag
In addition, there will be special awards for the three highest point totals. Who will be atop the final GOGO leaderboard?
In 2018, there were 3 gold, 12 silver, and 53 bronze awardees.